The CDS Learning Beliefs
1. We believe in the wisdom of slowing down and celebrating childhood, adolescence, and lifelong learning.
2. We believe in having the courage to take risks, make mistakes, and learn from the process in a safe and supportive environment.
3. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to developing empathy, self-advocacy, and allyship in an increasingly complex and interconnected world.
4. We believe that nurturing a strong family-school partnership is an essential and shared responsibility.
5. We believe that curiosity, collaboration, and play drive learning.
6. We believe that interdisciplinary learning provides real opportunities to understand how the world is interconnected.
7. We believe that inquiry-based learning leads to deep understanding, action, and reflection.
8. We believe that assessment should be embedded in the learning process and is most meaningful when it incorporates reflection, feedback, and revision.
9. We believe in using language, technology, media, and information responsibly to communicate and inquire as critically-engaged global citizens.
10. We believe that building relationships within and beyond our campus fosters friendships, leadership, and social justice.
11. We believe that growing food and raising animals cultivates environmental justice and stewardship and makes our connection to the natural world tangible.