2021-2022 Sliding Scale Tuition
- Annual tuition ranges from $1,200 to $38,620
- 24% of students pay sliding scale tuition
- $10,295 is the average tuition of students paying sliding scale tuition
- 19.8% of gross tuition supports sliding scale
- After-school program: $0–$12.50/hour depending on sliding scale
- Enrichment classes: $0–$330 (depending on sliding scale) per 8- to 10-week class
- Vacation camp: $0–73/day, depending on sliding scale (8:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.; extended care available after 3:00 p.m.)
- Summer camp: $100–$415/week (hours TBD)
2022-2023 School Calendar
- Tuesday, August 30, 2022 to Friday, June 9, 2023
2022-2023 School Hours
- School opens: 8:00 a.m.
- Preschool: 8:30 a.m.–2:15 p.m.
- Transitional Kindergarten: 8:30 a.m.–2:45 p.m.
- Kindergarten: 8:30 a.m.–2:45 p.m.
- Grade 1: 8:30 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
- Grade 2: 8:15 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
- Grades 3-4: 8:15 a.m.–3:15 p.m.
- Grades 5-8: 8:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
- After-school program: Dismissal–6:00 p.m.
Main campus located at 333 Dolores Street in San Francisco (between 16th and 17th Streets, directly across from Mission Dolores, behind Notre Dame Plaza building). Middle School campus located at 601 Dolores Street in San Francisco, at the corner of Dolores and 19th Streets, directly across from Dolores Park.
Sunny, 1.2 acre main campus (home to the Early Childhood and Lower School Programs) with organic farm and garden
(home to chickens and sheep), basketball court, swings, climbing structure, sandbox. Middle School campus of 18,000 square feet and rooftop garden, two science laboratories, and performing arts space.
Historic building at 333 Dolores Street partially renovated in 2007, 2008, 2018, and 2021 and three bungalow classrooms (26,000 total square feet); Internet connection and computers in all classrooms. One classroom and most administrative offices located in adjacent building added to main CDS campus in February 2008. Middle School campus at 601 Dolores Street (18,000 total square feet) added in 2015.
Volleyball, cross-country, basketball, indoor soccer (futsal), ultimate frisbee, track & field; compete in Independent School Athletic League; students may participate starting in fifth grade.
Founded as preschool in 1983; incorporated as non-profit preschool to eighth grade independent school in 1996; graduated first eighth graders in 2006.
501(c)(3) non-profit organization governed by Board of Trustees.
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS
- Association of Independent School Admission Professionals (AISAP)
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD)
- Bay Area Directors of Admission (BADA)
- Bay Area People of Color in Independent Schools (POCIS)
- California School-Age Consortium (CALSAC)
- Children of Lesbians & Gays Everywhere (COLAGE)
- Elementary School Heads Association (ESHA)
- Independent Schools Business Officers Association of Northern California (ISBOA)
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- National Business Officers Association (NBOA)
- National Middle School Association (NMSA)
- Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT)