Thank you for your interest in the Children’s Day School preschool program. We are a full-time, 5-day-per-week preschool that follows the guidelines for early childhood teaching developed by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). You can learn more about our preschool curriculum here.
We anticipate enrolling approximately 40 preschool students new to CDS for the 2019-2020 school year. For enrollment in fall of 2019, preschool applicants must be 3 years old by August 31, 2019 and able to go to the bathroom on their own. To apply for admission to our preschool for the 2019-2020 school year, complete the steps outlined below. We have an online application (strongly preferred); however, paper applications may be downloaded via the link below or mailed upon request. Please visit the school before applying.
Preschool Admission Policies and Procedures
CDS is committed to providing full and equal enjoyment of its services, facilities, privileges, and advantages to individuals with disabilities. Applicants and their family members who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the admission process should contact the Admission Office.
2. Submit a completed application with a family photo and a $100 application fee; online application is strongly preferred. The application deadline for preschool is Thursday, December 13, 2018.
3. If your child is enrolled in a school that your child attends regularly (preschool, toddler class, child care, etc.), submit the student evaluation form to your child's teacher after November 1; teachers need to return the completed form directly to CDS no later than Thursday, December 13, 2018. The form may be mailed to CDS, emailed to email@example.com, or faxed to (415) 861-5419.
4. After your application is complete, we will provide you with a link where you can sign up online to schedule a visit for your family at CDS. Prospective preschoolers will visit one of our preschool classrooms with their parents/guardians for 45 minutes on a Saturday in January of 2019. During the family visit, admission representatives talk with parents/guardians informally and answer questions (there is no separate parent/guardian interview). Admission representatives can include the admission office staff, other administrators, and faculty. All admission representatives have an equal voice in the admission process. It is not to your advantage to talk with one representative versus another, and we do not take requests to talk with a specific CDS representative.
5. Admission decisions will be emailed on Tuesday, March 12, 2019. We craft each class looking for a balance in ages as well as socioeconomic, racial, cultural, and family diversity. Families who choose to accept an enrollment offer must complete the enrollment agreement with a nonrefundable deposit of 10% of tuition by 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, March 19, 2019. When there are more qualified candidates than openings available, the school establishes an unranked waiting pool. When an opening occurs, the school decides to which student to offer a space based upon the overall profile of the class and the match with the family and the child.
6. Late Applicants: If you are interested in applying for preschool after the December 13 application deadline has passed, please contact Diane Larrabee, Director of Admission, at (415) 861-5432 x322. Families submitting applications after the December 13 deadline will be considered with wait pool candidates as openings arise after the first round of admission decisions on March 12, 2019.
For more information, please contact Diane Larrabee, Director of Admission, at (415) 861-5432 x322.
Children’s Day School admits students without reference to race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation or national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, financial aid program, athletic and school-administered programs.