Thank you for your interest in the Children’s Day School preschool program. We are a full-time, 5-day-per-week preschool that follows the guidelines for early childhood teaching developed by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). You can learn more about our preschool curriculum here.
We anticipate enrolling approximately 40 preschool students new to CDS for the 2022-2023 school year. For enrollment in fall of 2022, preschool applicants must be 3 years old by August 31, 2022 and able to go to the bathroom on their own. To apply for admission to our preschool for the 2022-2023 school year, complete the steps outlined below.
Preschool Admission Policies and Procedures
CDS is committed to providing full and equal enjoyment of its services, facilities, privileges, and advantages to individuals with disabilities. Applicants and their family members who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the admission process should contact the Enrollment Management Office.
1. Children's Day School uses an online platform, Ravenna-Hub, for all steps of our admission process. You can complete a Ravenna inquiry form here.
2. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, we unfortunately cannot host in-person tours during school hours on campus. However, we have created a virtual tour and enrollment showcase to give you a sense of our campus and to share our learning beliefs. We will also have in person Saturday open houses for any adults who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 which you can register for on Ravenna-Hub.
In addition, we invite prospective parents/guardians to attend an optional Zoom information session with our Head of School, Shelly Luke Wille, our Early Childhood Program Director, Antonette Greene, and current CDS parents/guardians. Should the current situation change so that we are able to offer campus tours, we will update our website with tour dates.
3. Submit a completed application with a family photo and a $100 application fee. You may apply to CDS online through Ravenna-Hub here; click on “Create an account” to get started or “Login” if you have created or already have an existing Ravenna-Hub account. Application through Ravenna-Hub is strongly preferred; however, paper applications may be downloaded via the link below or are mailed upon request.
4. After your application is complete, the Enrollment Management Office will schedule a time for an admission representative to meet with you. At this point our plan is to schedule Zoom conversations during January and February with prospective parents/guardians. Admission representatives can include the admission office staff, other administrators, and faculty. All admission representatives have an equal voice in the admission process. It is not to your advantage to talk with one representative versus another, and we do not take requests to talk with a specific admission representative.
5. At this time, we expect to make admission decisions for prospective preschoolers based on the application, the teacher evaluation (if applicable), and the parent/guardian conversation. We are not anticipating requiring any assessment or visit by prospective preschoolers.
6. Admission decisions will be emailed on Tuesday, March 8, 2022. We craft each class looking for a balance in ages as well as socioeconomic, racial, cultural, and family diversity. Families who choose to accept an enrollment offer must complete the enrollment agreement with a nonrefundable deposit of 10% of tuition by 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, March 15, 2022. When there are more qualified candidates than openings available, the school establishes an unranked waiting pool. When an opening occurs, the school decides to which student to offer a space based on the overall profile of the class and the match with the child and the family.
For more information, please contact Kristina Berman, Director of Enrollment Management, at (415) 861-5432 x322.
Children’s Day School admits students of any race, color, religion, sexual orientation, or national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, financial aid program, athletic and other school-administered programs.