Thank you for your interest in the Children’s Day School preschool program. We are a full-time, 5-day-per-week preschool that follows the guidelines for early childhood teaching developed by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). You can learn more about our preschool curriculum here.
We anticipate enrolling approximately 40 preschool students new to CDS for the 2020-2021 school year. For enrollment in fall of 2020, preschool applicants must be 3 years old by August 31, 2020 and able to go to the bathroom on their own. To apply for admission to our preschool for the 2020-2021 school year, complete the steps outlined below.
Preschool Admission Policies and Procedures
CDS is committed to providing full and equal enjoyment of its services, facilities, privileges, and advantages to individuals with disabilities. Applicants and their family members who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the admission process should contact the Enrollment Management Office.
- Schedule a school tour and/or open house session.
- Submit a completed application with a family photo and a $100 application fee. The application deadline for preschool is Monday, December 16, 2019. Children’s Day School uses an online admission platform, Ravenna-Hub, for all steps of our admission process, including our application. You may apply to CDS online here; click on “Create an account” to get started or “Login” if you have an existing Ravenna-Hub account. Application through Ravenna-Hub is strongly preferred; however, paper applications may be downloaded via the link below or are mailed upon request.
- If your child is enrolled in a school that your child attends regularly (preschool, toddler class, child care, etc.), your child's teacher should submit a student evaluation form to CDS through Ravenna-Hub (preferred) no later than Monday, December 16, 2019. Alternatively, you can download the student evaluation form via the link below, print it, and give it to your child's teacher to complete and return to CDS no later than Monday, December 16, 2019. The form may be mailed to CDS, emailed to email@example.com, or faxed to (415) 861-5419.
- After you have applied, you will be able to sign up online through Ravenna-Hub to schedule a visit for your family at CDS. Prospective preschoolers will visit one of our preschool classrooms with their parents/guardians for 45 minutes on a Saturday in January of 2020. During the family visit, admission representatives will talk with parents/guardians informally and answer questions (there is no separate parent/guardian interview). Admission representatives can include the admission office staff, other administrators, and faculty. All admission representatives have an equal voice in the admission process. It is not to your advantage to talk with one representative versus another, and we do not take requests to talk with a specific CDS representative.
- Admission decisions will be emailed on Tuesday, March 10, 2020. We craft each class looking for a balance in ages as well as socioeconomic, racial, cultural, and family diversity. Families who choose to accept an enrollment offer must complete the enrollment agreement with a nonrefundable deposit of 10% of tuition by 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, March 17, 2020. When there are more qualified candidates than openings available, the school establishes an unranked waiting pool. When an opening occurs, the school decides to which student to offer a space based on the overall profile of the class and the match with the child and the family.
- Late Applicants: If you are interested in applying for preschool after the December 16 application deadline has passed, please contact Diane Larrabee, Director of Enrollment Management, at (415) 861-5432 x322. Families submitting applications after the December 16 deadline will be considered with wait pool candidates as openings arise after the first round of admission decisions on March 10, 2020.
For more information, please contact Diane Larrabee, Director of Enrollment Management, at (415) 861-5432 x322.
Children’s Day School admits students of any race, color, religion, sexual orientation, or national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, financial aid program, athletic and other school-administered programs.