What we do:
- Sentences and phrases related to the routines and curriculum areas of the classroom and social-emotional experiences of school
- Vocabulary related to school
How we do it:
- Taught twice each week in small groups (11-12 students per class)
- Focus on the development of receptive skills (listening and mimicking)
- Oral comprehension is practiced through the use of visuals, listening to story books, Total Physical Response (TPR) and movement activities
- Additional oral practice happens through music (songs and chants), fun activities and interactive games. Classroom teachers incorporate Spanish into classroom routines whenever possible.