Thank you for your interest in the Children’s Day School kindergarten. You can learn more about our kindergarten curriculum here.
We anticipate enrolling approximately 14-16 kindergarten students new to CDS for the 2022-2023 school year. For enrollment in the fall of 2022, kindergarten applicants must be 5 years old by August 31, 2022. To apply for admission to kindergarten for the 2022-2023 school year, complete the steps outlined below.
Kindergarten Admission Policies and Procedures
CDS is committed to providing full and equal enjoyment of its services, facilities, privileges, and advantages to individuals with disabilities. Applicants and their family members who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the admission process should contact the Enrollment Management Office.
1. Children's Day School uses an online platform, Ravenna-Hub, for all steps of our admission process. You can complete a Ravenna inquiry form here.
2. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, we unfortunately cannot host in-person tours during school hours on campus. However, we have created a virtual tour and enrollment showcase to give you a sense of our campus and to share our learning beliefs. We will also have in-person Saturday open houses for any adults who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 which you can register for on Ravenna-Hub.
In addition, we invite prospective parents/guardians to attend an optional Zoom information session with our Head of School, Shelly Luke Wille, our Lower School Director, David Dobson-Smith, and current CDS parents/guardians. Should the current situation change so that we are able to offer campus tours, we will update our website with tour dates. You may register for a Zoom information session here.
3. Submit a completed application with a family photo and a $100 application fee. You may apply to CDS online through Ravenna-Hub here; click on “Create an account” to get started or “Log in” if you have an existing Ravenna-Hub account. Application through Ravenna-Hub is strongly preferred; however, paper applications may be downloaded via the link below or are mailed upon request. The application deadline for kindergarten is Wednesday, January 12, 2022.
4. If your child is enrolled in a school that your child attends regularly (preschool, child care, etc.), your child's teacher should submit a student evaluation form through Ravenna-Hub (preferred) to CDS no later than Wednesday, January 12, 2022.
5. After your application is complete, the Enrollment Management Office will schedule a time for an admission representative to meet with you. At this point our plan is to schedule Zoom conversations during January and February with prospective parents/guardians, but this may change to in-person conversations if health and safety regulations permit. We will reach out to you either way. Admission representatives can include the admission office staff, other administrators, and faculty. All admission representatives have an equal voice in the admission process. It is not to your advantage to talk with one representative versus another, and we do not take requests to talk with a specific admission representative.
6. Children’s Day School is anticipating using video assessments for prospective kindergarten applicants. Once you have applied, we will notify you when the video assessments are available and will provide instructions on how to complete the assessments.
7. Admission decisions will be emailed on Thursday, March 17, 2022. We craft each class looking for a balance in ages as well as socioeconomic, racial, cultural, and family diversity. Families who choose to accept an enrollment offer must complete the enrollment agreement with a nonrefundable deposit of 10% of tuition by 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, March 24, 2022. When there are more qualified candidates than openings available, the school establishes an unranked waiting pool. When an opening occurs, the school decides to which student to offer a space based upon the overall profile of the class and the match with the child and the family.
8. Late Applicants: If you are interested in applying for kindergarten after the January 12 application deadline has passed, please contact Kristina Berman, Director of Enrollment Management, at (415) 861-5432 x337. Families submitting applications after the January 12 deadline will be considered with wait pool candidates as openings arise after the first round of admission decisions on March 17, 2022.
For more information, please contact Kristina Berman, Director of Enrollment Management, at (415) 861-5432 x337.
Children’s Day School admits students of any race, color, religion, sexual orientation or national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, financial aid program, athletic and other school-administered programs.