Thank you for your interest in the Children’s Day School kindergarten. You can learn more about our kindergarten curriculum here.
We anticipate enrolling approximately 12-15 kindergarten students new to CDS for the 2019-2020 school year. For enrollment in the fall of 2019, kindergarten applicants must be 5 years old by August 31, 2019. To apply for admission to our kindergarten for the 2019-2020 school year, complete the steps outlined below. To apply for admission to kindergarten for the 2019-2020 school year, complete the steps outlined below. We have an online application (strongly preferred); however, paper applications may be downloaded via the link below or mailed upon request. Please visit the school before applying.
Kindergarten Admission Policies and Procedures
CDS is committed to providing full and equal enjoyment of its services, facilities, privileges, and advantages to individuals with disabilities. Applicants and their family members who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the admission process should contact the Admission Office.
2. Submit a completed application with a family photo and a $100 application fee; online application is strongly preferred. The application deadline for kindergarten is Wednesday, January 9, 2019. Student visits and parent/guardian conversations are scheduled once an application is received, so applications received before the deadline afford the most date/time options.
3. Submit the student evaluation form to your child's teacher (preschool, child care, etc.) after November 1; teachers need to return the completed form directly to CDS no later than Wednesday, January 9, 2019. The form may be mailed to CDS, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or faxed to (415) 861-5419.
4. After your child's application is complete, we will provide you with a link where you can sign up online to schedule a student visit and a separate parent/guardian conversation with a member of the CDS admission team. Prospective kindergarten students visit in one of our kindergarten classrooms on a Saturday in February 2019 for 60 minutes. The separate parent/guardian conversation is with an admission representative, which can include the admission office staff, other administrators, and faculty. All admission representatives have an equal voice in the admission process. It is not to your advantage to talk with one representative versus another, and we do not take requests to talk with a specific CDS representative. Parent/guardian conversations are scheduled during January and February 2019.
5. Admission decisions will be emailed on Thursday, March 21, 2019. We craft each class looking for a balance in ages as well as socioeconomic, racial, cultural, and family diversity. Families who choose to accept an enrollment offer must complete the enrollment agreement with a nonrefundable deposit of 10% of tuition by 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, March 28, 2019. When there are more qualified candidates than openings available, the school establishes an unranked waiting pool. When an opening occurs, the school decides to which student to offer a space based upon the overall profile of the class and the match with the child and the family
6. Late Applicants: If you are interested in applying for kindergarten after the January 9 application deadline has passed, please contact Diane Larrabee, Director of Admission, at (415) 861-5432 x322. Families submitting applications after the January 9 deadline will be considered with wait pool candidates as openings arise after the first round of admission decisions on March 21, 2019.
For more information, please contact Diane Larrabee, Director of Admission, at (415) 861-5432 x322.
Children’s Day School admits students without reference to race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation or national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, financial aid program, athletic and school-administered programs.