Thank you for your interest in the Children’s Day School elementary program. You can learn more about our elementary curriculum here.
Enrollment in grades 1-4 depends on available space. At this time, we anticipate having 1-3 spaces for new students in each of grades 1-4. We will have a better sense of availability after re-enrollment of current students is completed in February. We encourage all families to apply if they are interested in enrollment in grades 1-4.
To apply for admission to grades 1-4 for the 2019-2020 school year, complete the steps outlined below. We have an online application (strongly preferred); however, paper applications may be downloaded via the link below or mailed upon request. Please visit the school before applying.
Grades 1-4 Admission Policies and Procedures
CDS is committed to providing full and equal enjoyment of its services, facilities, privileges, and advantages to individuals with disabilities. Applicants and their family members who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the admission process should contact the Admission Office.
2. Submit a completed application with a family photo and a $100 application fee; online application is strongly preferred. The application deadline for grades 1-4 is Wednesday, January 9, 2019.
3. Submit the student evaluation form (grade 1 or grades 2-4) to your child's teacher after November 1; teachers need to return the completed form directly to CDS no later than Wednesday, January 9, 2019. The form may be mailed to CDS, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or faxed to (415) 861-5419.
4. Submit the Request for School Records form to the Registrar at your child's current school after November 1; the Registrar needs to send the records directly to CDS no later than Wednesday, January 9, 2019. The records may be mailed to CDS, emailed to email@example.com, or faxed to (415) 861-5419.
5. After your child's application is complete, the Admission Office will schedule a visit for your child.
6. A parent/guardian interview is not a required part of the admission process for grades 1-4. The Admission Office will contact you if a parent/guardian interview is requested by the school.
7. Admission decisions will be emailed on Thursday, March 21, 2019. We craft each class looking for a balance in ages as well as socioeconomic, racial, cultural, and family diversity. Families who choose to accept an enrollment offer must return the enrollment agreement with a nonrefundable deposit of 10% of tuition by 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, March 28, 2019. When there are more qualified candidates than openings available, the school establishes an unranked waiting pool. When an opening occurs, the school decides to which student to offer a space based upon the overall profile of the class and the match with the child and the family
8. Late Applicants: If you are interested in applying for grades 1-4 after the January 9 application deadline has passed, please contact Diane Larrabee, Director of Admission, at (415) 861-5432 x322. Families submitting applications after the January 9 deadline will be considered with wait pool candidates as openings arise after the first round of admission decisions on March 21, 2019.
- Grades 1-4 Admission Procedures
- Admission Application
- Student Evaluation Form (grade 1)
- Student Evaluation Form (grades 2-8)
- Request for School Records Form
For more information, please contact Diane Larrabee, Director of Admission, at (415) 861-5432 x322.
Children’s Day School admits students without reference to race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, financial aid program, athletic and school-administered programs.