Thank you for your interest in the Children’s Day School elementary program. You can learn more about our elementary curriculum here.
Enrollment in grades 1-4 depends on available space. At this time, we anticipate having 1-3 spaces for new students in each of grades 1-4. We will have a better sense of availability after re-enrollment of current students is completed in February. We encourage all families to apply if they are interested in enrollment in grades 1-4.
To apply for admission to grades 1-4 for the 2020-2021 school year, complete the steps outlined below.
Grades 1-4 Admission Policies and Procedures
CDS is committed to providing full and equal enjoyment of its services, facilities, privileges, and advantages to individuals with disabilities. Applicants and their family members who require reasonable accommodations to participate in the admission process should contact the Enrollment Management Office.
2. Submit a completed application with a family photo and a $100 application fee. Children’s Day School uses an online admission platform, Ravenna-Hub, for all steps of our admission process, including our application. Beginning October 2, 2019, you may apply to CDS online here; click on “Create an account” to get started or “Log in” if you have an existing Ravenna-Hub account. Application through Ravenna-Hub is strongly preferred; however, paper applications may be downloaded via the link below or are mailed upon request. The application deadline for grades 1-4 is Monday, January 6, 2020.
3. Submit the student evaluation form (grade 1 or grades 2-4) to your child's teacher after November 1; teachers need to return the completed form directly to CDS no later than Monday, January 6, 2020. The form may be mailed to CDS, emailed to email@example.com, or faxed to (415) 861-5419.
4. Submit the Request for School Records form to the Registrar at your child's current school after November 1; the Registrar needs to send the records directly to CDS no later than Monday, January 6, 2019. The records may be mailed to CDS, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or faxed to (415) 861-5419.
5. After your child's application is complete, you will be able to sign up online through Ravenna to schedule a student visit.
6. A parent/guardian interview is not a required part of the admission process for grades 1-4. The Enrollment Management Office will contact you if a parent/guardian interview is requested by the school.
7. Admission decisions will be emailed on Thursday, March 19, 2020. We craft each class looking for a balance in ages as well as socioeconomic, racial, cultural, and family diversity. Families who choose to accept an enrollment offer must return the enrollment agreement with a nonrefundable deposit of 10% of tuition by 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, March 26, 2020. When there are more qualified candidates than openings available, the school establishes an unranked waiting pool. When an opening occurs, the school decides to which student to offer a space based upon the overall profile of the class and the match with the child and the family.
8. Late Applicants: If you are interested in applying for grades 1-4 after the January 6 application deadline has passed, please contact Diane Larrabee, Director of Enrollment Management, at (415) 861-5432 x322. Families submitting applications after the January 6 deadline will be considered with wait pool candidates as openings arise after the first round of admission decisions on March 19, 2020.
- Grades 1-4 Admission Procedures
- Admission Application
- Student Evaluation Form (grade 1)
- Student Evaluation Form (grades 2-8)
- Request for School Records Form
For more information, please contact Diane Larrabee, Director of Enrollment Management, at (415) 861-5432 x322.
Children’s Day School admits students of any race, color, religion, sexual orientation or national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, financial aid program, athletic and other school-administered programs.