The Facilities Team Responds to the Pandemic
The unsung heroes of CDS are the members of our facilities team, who work tirelessly behind the scenes to keep the school running. Since the onset of the pandemic, they’ve been busier than ever, paying attention to all of the latest directives and making sure that the school conforms to them. One of the most important tasks is ensuring that the kids can eat lunch together without being at risk of contamination, and they’ve come up with great solutions. On our St. Joseph’s Hall campus, they set up outdoor tables and dividers so our younger students could have socially distanced lunches. At our middle school campus, they built a parklet in front of the building, similar to the way many restaurants have adapted to the pandemic. Check out the photos on the right to see how they’ve turned out!
Those were just two of many things which the facilities team has accomplished. In just a single week over our February break, their projects included the following:
- Inspecting gas meters and water valves
- Installing new whiteboards and storage cubbies
- Sanitizing and cleaning air purifies, refrigerators, microwaves, and restrooms
- Repairing ceiling fans
- Reinforcing the roofline extension onto the ADA ramp outside St. Joseph’s Hall
- Placing directional signage on the yard to prevent play areas from being disrupted
- Enlarging the preschool sandbox
- Adding new mulch and tree stumps to the preschool garden
We’d like to extend our thanks to the facilities crew for their amazing work—we couldn’t carry on without them!