The CDS Annual Fund supports all of the things that make CDS such a unique place for our students—from our diverse community to our teaching philosophy of “learning by doing”—and it is our most important fundraising effort each year.
CDS, like most independent schools, intentionally sets tuition below the full cost of an education to keep the school more affordable to a wider range of families. Tuition covers only 84.7% of operational costs and with the gap between tuition and the real cost of education close to $2,500 per child, we rely on the Annual Fund to help cover the rest.
We encourage families to make CDS their top philanthropic priority, and make a gift that is meaningful to you and your family. Annual Fund gifts range from $25 to $20,000, to collectively cover the $2,500 gap per student. A high level of participation is just as important as donation amount. 100% participation visibly demonstrates the dedication of our community to the school. Every gift matters and makes a lasting impact on our students.
The Annual Fund is a great way to support CDS. Your contributions directly fund important programs and staffing – from teachers’ salaries to innovative technology in the classrooms – and ensures that CDS continues to be a nationwide leader in socio-economic diversity among independent schools. Here are a few examples of how your dollars provide vital resources needed to continue our high quality programs for our students:
- Competitive salaries for faculty
- The farm and garden
- Technology such as Chromebooks and iPads in the classrooms
- All CDS field trips, from pumpkin patch visits by preschool and kindergarten classes to the middle school trip to Westminster Woods
- Sliding scale tuition for one third of our families
Please also consider giving at the Leadership level ($3,000 and above), and joining us at the Annual Leadership Dinner featuring special guest speakers such as Alice Waters.
Ways to Give
- Pledge by contacting the Advancement Office at (415) 861-5432 x330 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write a check and drop it off or mail it to CDS (333 Dolores Street, San Francisco, CA 94110)
- Make a one-time or recurring gift with your credit card
- Make a gift and solicit a match from your employer
- Donate a car
- Give a gift of stock