7th Grade Music
What we do:
- Music is taught for 1 hour/week throughout the school year in middle school.
- Explorations of rhythm, melody, form, harmony, timbre, expression, and movement
- Playing and composing for Orff instruments
- Choral performance
How we do it:
- Play instruments, sing, move
- Listen, create
- Performance and reflection
- Inspire students’ creativity by sparking their imagination and artistic voices
- Through a student-centered process of learning, practice and reflection, music is a central component of the middle school experience.