7th Grade Language Arts
What we do:
- Gather relevant information from multiple print and digital sources, using search terms effectively; assess the credibility and accuracy of each source; quote or paraphrase the data and conclusions.
- Conduct short research projects to answer a question, drawing on several sources and generating additional related, focused questions for further research and investigation.
- Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, relevant descriptive details and well-structured event sequences.
- Write arguments to support claims with clear reasons and relevant evidence.
- Determine a theme or central idea of a text and analyze its development over the course of the text; provide an objective summary of the text.
- Class readings in recent years have included Piecing Me Together, The 57 Bus, Life of Pi, Persepolis, Red Scarf Girl, and The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.
How we do it:
- Shared and independent reading
- Class discussions
- Grammar and vocabulary lessons
- Multimedia presentations
- Essay writing, note taking
- Write and research compare and contrast papers