7th Grade Language Arts
What we do:
- Gather relevant information from multiple print and digital sources, using search terms effectively; assess the credibility and accuracy of each source; quote or paraphrase the data and conclusions.
- Conduct short research projects to answer a question, drawing on several sources and generating additional related, focused questions for further research and investigation.
- Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, relevant descriptive details and well-structured event sequences.
- Write arguments to support claims with clear reasons and relevant evidence.
- Determine a theme or central idea of a text and analyze its development over the course of the text; provide an objective summary of the text.
- Class readings in recent years have included The Catcher in the Rye, Life of Pi, Persepolis, Red Scarf Girl, and The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.
How we do it:
- Shared and independent reading
- Class discussions
- Grammar and vocabulary lessons
- Multimedia presentations
- Essay writing, note taking
- Write and research compare and contrast papers