5th Grade Science
What we do:
- The behavior of water: How does water interact with itself and other substances?
- Chemical and physical reactions: What happens when substances are mixed? Is matter created or destroyed during a chemical reaction?
- Earth’s systems: How do the Biosphere, Geosphere, Atmosphere and Hydrosphere interact?
- Earth and human activity: What are farmers doing to protect our agriculture? How are engineers adapting buildings to withstand storms/floods/fires?
How we do it:
- Scientific inquiry and laboratory investigation
- Shared reading and discussion
- Field trips around the Bay Area
- Multimedia projects
- Scientific annotation and research