Bid & Bash
Bid and Bash is an annual auction celebration featuring a live and silent auction. All CDS families are invited to this event with all proceeds benefiting our sliding scale tuition program. This year, the auction will take place on Friday, March 16, 2018 at Bimbo's 365 Club.
We Need Your Help!
The auction is a great community-building event. We need the support from the entire CDS community in the form of volunteer time, auction donations of items and experiences, and sponsorships. Whether you’re able to chair a committee, write copy, design materials, help set up the day of the event or volunteer to sell raffle tickets one morning during drop-off, there are jobs of all sizes to make the event a continued success. Please consider being one of our auction volunteers. Simply email our advancement team and we’ll find the perfect role for you. Please contact Simone Octigan at 415-861-5432 x357 or email@example.com for more info.
Interested in donating an item or experience?
We need an assortment of items that can be auctioned off at the benefit. Donations from the CDS community make up the majority and often the best of our auction items. Here are some donation suggestions to help you get started:
- Host a Count-Me-In: The CDS community loves a party. It can be something as intimate as a 10-person whiskey tasting at your home or as a big as a middle school dance. Get creative! Tickets to the parties will be included in the online auction, with funds going directly to sliding scale tuition. (Tickets to these parties are popular and sell out quickly!)
- Host a Class Experience: In the spirit of community and inclusiveness, we require that grades host Class Experiences. Parents in each class volunteer to host a Class Experience, and the suggested donation prices will directly support our sliding scale tuition program (everyone is invited whether they choose to donate or not). Our hope is that these events become tradition and encourage community building among classes and grades. These events are meant to be easy and simple to organize (i.e. family kickball in the park, popsicle party, movie nights, beach bonfires).
- Organize a unique experience: Scavenger hunt; Cooking/Dining with a popular chef; Behind-the-scenes tour; Fun run; Make-up or stylist session
- Offer a stay in a vacation home: Tahoe, Bolinas, Napa, Sonoma, Hawaii, Colorado, or beyond!
- Share a special skill: Teach a group (adults or students) how to dance, fly-fish, cook, hit a line drive, knit, etc.
- Donate event tickets: SF Giants, SF 49ers, concerts, shows, ballet, opera, etc.
- Contribute goods and services: Gift certificates to retail shops or restaurants, bottles of wine, or kids activities
Have an item you'd like to donate to our 2018 auction? Fill out this form now or print it out here! Once you have filled out the form, please bring the item to Simone Octigan in the second floor of the 16th Street Administrative Offices or contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org about coordinating a drop off. If you're still not sure what to donate, stay tuned for our annual wish list!
Interested in sponsorships and underwriting?
Sponsorships are vital to the success of CDS’ auction. There is a variety of sponsorship giving levels that include a prime reserved table or reserved seating, ads in the auction program, brand recognition on the auction site, and champagne. Know a few CDS parents who work at Google or Salesforce or Levi’s? See if that employer will sponsor a table for you and your CDS colleagues. It’s an opportunity for the business community to give back. Sponsorship donations, excluding the cost of dinner tickets, may be tax deductible.
Underwriting is another way to support the auction and help cover expenses, thereby increasing the event’s proceeds to benefit sliding scale tuition. Underwriting donations are 100% tax deductible.
To learn more about underwriting or to become an auction sponsor, please see our sponsorship packet here. Please note that you can also ask your employer/business/organization to match you in your sponsorship. If you are interested in more information, please email email@example.com.